Panasonic Cordless Phones Deliver Business Quality
April 11th, 2012
Home and office phone systems have come a long way in the past few years. Numerous upgrades have made all types of phones more accessible, including cordless phones.
One of the more notable cordless phones available today is from Panasonic, one of the leading names in telecommunications. The Panasonic TGP500B is a feature rich desk phone replacement with outstanding voice quality and a range of productivity-boosting options. Integrated with SIP based technology, this cordless phone uses Digital Enhanced Cordless Technology (DECT) to improve call quality and support multiple handsets. Users can add up to 6 DECT cordless handsets to one base.
The Panasonic TGP500B uses new frequencies and digital technology virtually eliminating interference to provide you crystal clear communications. DECT 6.0 ensures there is no interference with wireless networks. With the convenient cordless design, you can have static-free conversations away from the base. The large range is perfect for today’s busy lifestyle, allowing you to escape the confines of the base station and freely walk around you home or office or even outside.
Features of the Panasonic include:
- Expandable Cordless Phone System with
Base Station and 1 cordless handset
- DECT radio technology
- 2.1 inch backlit LCD display on handset
- Includes power supply
- Wall-mountable base unit
- Add 5 additional cordless handsets
Overall, the Panasonic TGP500B VoIP Phone is easy to use and deploy, convenient and expandable. Virtual PBX is proud to announce the addition of this technology to its product line. The TGP500B model includes both the base station and one handset. Additional handsets can be ordered under the model number TPA50B.
Virtual PBX® Receives 2011 Unified Communications Product Of The Year Award From Internet Telephony
April 5th, 2012
Virtual PBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere Recognized for Innovation
Virtual PBX has done it again. They have once again proven themselves as one of the most awarded hosted PBX providers. TMC, a global, integrated media company, has just named Virtual PBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere as a recipient of its 2011 Unified Communications Product of the Year Award, sponsored by INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine.
This is the ninth award presented to Virtual PBX by TMC for Virtual PBX Complete. In just one year, TMC has presented nine different awards to Virtual PBX for this innovative product.
Rich Tehrani, CEO of TMC explains, “The editors from INTERNET TELEPHONY are pleased to grant a Unified Communications Product of the Year Award to Virtual PBX for Virtual PBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere.” He continues, “Virtual PBX has proven they are committed to quality and excellence while addressing real needs in the marketplace. We look forward to seeing continued advancement in technology solutions from Virtual PBX in the future.”
Virtual PBX has really outdone themselves by creating a product so innovative, so unique, that it is still creating buzz a year later. Setting new standards for flexibility, features, price, and ease of installation, Virtual PBX Complete forged ahead, establishing new technology and employing out-of-the-box thinking.
“At Virtual PBX, we focus on our customers’ needs to keep communications costs and complexity low, while ensuring they have the capacity and features to fuel growth to meet their business objectives,” said Greg Brashier, CMO of Virtual PBX. “This award illustrates the high value we are providing with Virtual PBX Complete.”
Save Money with GeoRoute®
March 21st, 2012
Many companies are not taking full advantage of the advanced technology available in telecom today. When used, this technology can greatly improve operations, and help you to provide better customer service.
Virtual PBX® offers the most complete and sophisticated hosted solution available today. One great example of this is our unique GeoRoute® feature, which can forward calls automatically to the right employee, ACD queue, or business location before you even answer the phone – based on the location of the originating number.
Here is an example: Let’s say you want to have calls from the western United States go to one sales agent, and those from the eastern part of the country go to someone else. With GeoRoute from Virtual PBX, we’ll monitor the caller ID of incoming calls and automatically route the calls based on area code.
Want another example? Imagine a franchise operation that wants to publish one national toll-free number but wants calls automatically routed to the franchise closest to the caller. GeoRoute will direct incoming customer calls to the appropriate franchise based on the geographic boundaries you create. This way, you can make sure the right franchise gets the call with no human intervention. In addition, as the calls complete at the franchise locations, the franchise headquarters don’t incur any expense from these calls.
Furthermore, with GeoRoute, there is no need for a central receptionist, and call charges don’t start until you answer the call, so expenses stay low.
There are a number of ways to implement GeoRoute. You can route calls based on just the area code, the area code and exchange, or the entire number. In addition, you may route calls the following ways:
- Inside the answering system, transferring the call to an employee extension or ACD queue.
- To a completely different phone system, such as a remote branch office or a different business.
Our telecom expertise, combined with unmatched flexibility and excellent customer service, allow us to solve your call routing challenges to help you build business and save money.
New Video: Virtual PBX and VoIP
March 9th, 2012
Today we would like to share with you a video that discusses the main differences between a Virtual PBX VoIP phone system and a traditional analog phone system. Check out the video here to see why a business VoIP plan with Virtual PBX might be the solution you have been looking for.
Virtual PBX, inventor and leading supplier of hosted PBX services, started the first virtual phone system over 15 years ago. Our service can work with any kind of telephone – analog, digital, cellular and even satellite phones, and can rack up big savings vs. traditional phone services. But using Virtual PBX with our VoIP service can save even more. This video shows you how.
Since its release, Virtual PBX Complete has generated tremendous demand. But that is not surprising considering this new addition gives customers expanded business communication capabilities at a fraction of the cost. In fact, with Virtual PBX Complete, you could significantly reduce your overhead, saving 40-80% on monthly phone bills!
Save Money and Increase Productivity with SelectRoute™
March 2nd, 2012
Virtual PBX® pioneered ACD queuing for virtual phone systems, and is still way ahead of the competition. ACD queues are used when the caller wants to reach a business function, such as sales or customer service, instead of an individual. Usually, these callers won’t have a name, they just have a need.
However, some businesses want to route calls to an extension or ACD queue that is not a standard business function. This is where SelectRoute™ comes in.
SelectRoute offers call routing capabilities beyond the standard routing features offered by ACD queues. Instead of simply routing the call to the next available agent or a generic queue, SelectRoute routes the call based on direct user input that specifies how the call is to be handled so the call is routed to the correct agent.
Our SelectRoute option lets you route calls automatically based on a wide set of user inputs up to nine digits in length. Ask the user to spell out a product name, a company name, or an account number. The possibilities are limitless with Virtual PBX.
Below are common types of instructions that SelectRoute can support:
- Route calls by geography: Area code & zip code– Route calls by NPA (Area Code), NPA-NXX (Area and Exchange Codes), Zip Code.Have multiple store locations or franchises seamlessly route calls to a single phone number by area code or zip code to the nearest location.
- Menu Routing – Route calls by menu selection
- Custom Routing – Route calls according to your own defined needs. We’ve had clients route to different queues or extension based on the caller entering a model number or a product name.
You can even combine these call routing types to form customized routing to provide the best customer service and to enable your business to operate at optimum efficiency. They can also improve your businesses cost performance by increasing agent utilization and productivity.
A typical business often handles a variety of call types, each requiring a specific skill. The traditional method of reassigning agents with multiple skills to different queues at different times of the day in order make best use of their skills is inefficient.
Virtual PBX and SelectRoute alleviate this problem and enables your business to automatically route calls to the right agents, at the right time regardless of where the agents are located.
With SelectRoute you can even have custom greetings such as “To find the store nearest you, please enter your 5 digit zip code now”. Your caller enters their zip code, and your Virtual PBX system will route them to the appropriate extension or queue. It’s that easy.
But what if the caller enters the wrong information? Don’t worry. We have that covered. In this case, SelectRoute will route the call anywhere you choose, so your caller still gets help even on a bad data entry.
SelectRoute by Virtual PBX will help you create the best custom call routing system designed to fit your needs and send your callers to the right people quickly and easily every time. For more information, please contact our Support team, or call us at 888-825-0800.
Ensure Business Continuity with PBX Parachute
February 17th, 2012
In the event of a disaster, what is your business phone system disaster recovery plan? If your customers, partners and employees can’t reach you, how much business will you lose?
At VirtualPBX, we understand your office phone system is vital to your business. Many companies have business continuity in place for their data and network systems, but business continuation for phones is usually much more immediately important, but unfortunately often not included in the overall disaster recovery plan. Not being available to take calls can mean lost revenue, your customers losing confidence in your company, and in some cases, going out of business.
Don’t be unprepared in the event of a phone system outage. VirtualPBX has made it quick and easy for anyone to set up a disaster recovery system for their phones and ensure business continuity around-the-clock. No matter what type of phone system you have, including inbound and outbound call centers, PBX Parachute by VirtualPBX can protect your company.
Acting as a hot standby phone system, PBX Parachute can mirror your primary phone system and take over if your on-site PBX fails or if your place of business is not accessible because of fire, flood, or electrical outage. There is no hardware to boot, no software to run, and no data to move. PBX Parachute simply waits in the background until needed, making it automatic and practically instantaneous. In addition, you have the option to route calls to alternate phones in any location, such as cellular phones, home phones, alternate branch office phones, or other hardware VoIP phones or softphones. Callers may not even know there has been an outage.
PBX Parachute can act as a backup phone system as part of an overall business continuity plan, or it can simply act as an employee emergency hotline so employees have a place to call and check in during a disaster. For more information, please visit our phone system business continuation and phone system disaster recovery pages.
With plans starting as low as $400 per year, PBX Parachute by VirtualPBX will allow you to deliver uninterrupted business communication anytime, anywhere, allowing you to continue to take inbound phone calls no matter what the situation. Recover your business voice with PBX Parachute by VirtualPBX.
Three More Ways to Use Virtual PBX
February 8th, 2012
Create Podcasts – Podcasts are basically audio recordings that can be posted online and downloaded by anyone. Today, more and more businesses and individuals are choosing to communicate via podcasts as an alternative to radio and blogs. Unlike radio and T.V., podcasts are free to subscribe to and create. Interested in creating your own podcast?
Lucky for you, Virtual PBX makes it easy for you to record your own podcast right from your phone. Simply use Virtual PBX’s call recording feature to record an interview, discussion or anything else you want to share with the world. Every Virtual PBX system includes call recording at no added cost. In addition, the call recording feature is greatly customizable and easy to use. Every user with a Virtual PBX extension can record all calls automatically or select calls to record manually by simply pushing #9 during a call.
Have an alternate number – While having a single incoming business number gives your business a unified presence, it can often be very useful to have multiple incoming business numbers. In fact, every Virtual PBX plan can have an unlimited amount of phone numbers as part of the system.
Anyone can benefit from having multiple phone numbers. Let’s say, for example, you want to use one group of employees to answer phone calls for several different business identities. Virtual PBX can answer calls with different greetings on each incoming line and then route the calls to those employees. A preview announcement indicates which business identity was called, so the employee can answer correctly.
Another popular use for multiple numbers is to track response to marketing campaigns. Each advertisement or other marketing activity can include a different telephone number for prospects to get more information. Tracking the incoming activity on each phone number gives a real-time indication of which marketing activity is generating the most calls.
Get a soft phone – Every Virtual PBX system includes VoIP Anywhere technology, which can turn your cellular phone or computer into a full-featured Virtual PBX VoIP phone. Using VoIP phones with your Virtual PBX system adds great new features like direct extension to extension dialing.
Do you want to keep your personal cell phone number private? When you dial out using a softphone registered to VPBX, the caller ID you send is your Virtual PBX number, not your personal cell phone number.
In addition, by making calls through your Virtual PBX system, you can avoid roaming charges. With VoIP Anywhere, you can make calls from around the world through your softphone and Wi-Fi connection, getting U.S. dial tone for free. Don’t waste your money on costly international roaming fees. Call Virtual PBX today and save yourself some hard earned cash.
True 800 Numbers Available
February 3rd, 2012
Since their development in the late 1960’s as an alternative to collect calling, toll free numbers have become increasingly popular. Not long after their release, companies began to notice people preferred to do business with firms that had 800 numbers.
Over time, the original toll free numbers, those beginning with the digits “800” started becoming rare as more companies realized their importance in establishing a strong businesses presence. Additional toll free numbers starting with the prefixes 888, 877, 866, and 855 have been made available, but the original 800 numbers have become hard to get, and if you actually find one, they can be quite expensive. Now, however, Virtual PBX has acquired a large block of these hard-to-get true 800 numbers, and we’re making them available at a very low cost.
Marketing Advantages of Having an 800 Number
- Studies indicate companies receive more business advertising with an 800 number over any other phone number, no matter the type of business or the target market. An ad with a toll free 800 number almost always out performs the exact same ad without a toll free number. It is almost expected that a business will have a toll free number and businesses without one are potentially missing out on tons of sales opportunities.
- An 800 prefix number is going to be a solid foundation for all your advertising. That “8-0-0″ gives your company an instant lift in trust, a more professional appearance, and virtually eliminates customer misdials. It’s rare in the business world that you find something that costs so little and provides so much in return.
- The IDM institute of direct marketing discloses that having a toll free phone number for your customers to call can increase your response rate by 180%, another good reason to seriously think about using a 1- 800 number.
- All the advertising in the world won’t make your phones ring if your audience can’t remember your phone number. 800 numbers are much more memorable and should be a critical part of your marketing effort.
- Many people still wonder whether numbers other than true 8-0-0 numbers are toll free.A 2011 consumer research study found that 97% of consumers recognize the 800 exchange as toll-free, but few connected with the newer toll-free exchanges like 888, 877 and 866.
Credibility and Enhanced Corporate Image
- A 1-800 number can improve your company’s image. It can help you establish a large, trustworthy presence with your client and prospects. Using toll free numbers will tell your customers that you are stable, professional, and serious. Even if you work out of your home, consumers often assume a toll-free 800 number is associated with a large company.
- Moreover, toll free numbers expand your territorial reach encouraging people to call you from across the country or the world. Get an 800 number and put you company on a par with large corporations.
Here at Virtual PBX we recognize the benefits of allowing clients to call you for free, and have made it easy and affordable for anyone to get their own toll free number. And we now have more true 800 numbers available than ever before. We’re offering these numbers to clients at a reduced price for a limited time. Contact us today to get yours.
Virtual PBX Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award
January 18th, 2012
VirtualPBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere Recognized for Innovation
Since its release in February 2011, VirtualPBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere has been turning heads. People from a diverse range of businesses have praised and acknowledged VirtualPBX Complete as a cutting-edge service that delivers powerful features while reducing operational costs. This product has really hit home with small and medium businesses everywhere.
So far, VirtualPBX Complete has received two Product of the Year awards, two Excellence awards, a Best Products award, a Leadership award and an Innovation award. To add to the list is VirtualPBX’s latest 2011 Product of the Year award from TMC, a global integrated media company.
“I am happy to grant VirtualPBX with a Product of the Year Award. The editors of INTERNET TELEPHONY have verified that Virtual PBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere displays quality and innovation plus provides real needs in the marketplace,” stated Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “I would like to congratulate the entire team at VirtualPBX for their commitment to advancing IP communication technologies.”
CEO of VirtualPBX, Paul Hammond, explains, “Our mission is to deliver communications tools that help businesses improve customer service and business productivity,” He continues, “This recognition from INTERNET TELEPHONY affirms the value of Virtual PBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere, which is making a huge difference for our business customers, who are also able to reduce their operational costs.”
For more information on VirtualPBX and this award, please click here.
Are You Ready for 2012?
January 11th, 2012
5 ways to start the New Year right
With the end of 2011 at our heels, it is time to look ahead to 2012. Focus on setting your goals and putting plans is place to achieve them. Need some help? Here are five ways Virtual PBX can help you start the new year with a bang.
- Examine your History – One great way a business can plan ahead for the New Year is to look at data collected from the previous year. Use you Virtual PBX reports to analyze your call stats from 2011 to help you staff more appropriately. Run a Call arrival Pattern Report to see what times of day you took the most calls. This report will clearly show you peaks and valleys in call traffic. This way you know what hours and in which queues to staff more representative.
- Use Call Recording to Monitor Agent Effectiveness – Using free call recording, managers are able to ensure rules are being followed, representatives are giving the best possible customer service, and customers are given accurate information. You can also use the call recording feature to train new employees.
- Save Money by using VoIP Phones and Soft Phones – There is never a bad time to save money so why not start saving this year. With Virtual PBX Complete, most companies will save between 40% and 80% on monthly phone costs. Use our VoIP phone service with a VoIP phone or soft phone and stop paying for expensive analog phone lines.
- Improve your Greetings – The main greeting is the first thing a caller hears when calling your number. This greeting should welcome callers and direct them to your departments and information. With Virtual PBX, there are multiple ways to customize your main greeting and make your small business sound like a big company. For instance, you can create different daytime and nighttime greetings and use our Day/Night scheduler to switch between them automatically.
- Keep up with the Latest Virtual PBX News and Offers – Make sure to check out our Virtual PBX Facebook page to hear first about news, new products and special offers. In addition, read tips to help you grow your business and connect with other business owners.