VirtualPBX Offers New, Cutting-Edge VoIP Phones
November 6th, 2012
VirtualPBX is excited to introduce three new Panasonic models to our list of top-of-the-line VoIP Phone list. We have added the Panasonic UT 113 Desk Phone, the Panasonic UT 123 Desk Phone and the Panasonic TGP 550B Desk & Cordless Phone.
Panasonic, a global leader in business communications, has a long history of offering state-of-the-art advanced telephony products. Designed to complement your existing communication infrastructures, Panasonic phones are ideal for home office and business environments, providing outstanding voice quality and a wide range of productivity-boosting options all in feature-rich desk phone replacements. They provide functionality and flexibility for optimal business communications.
The UT 113 and UT 123 desk phones are great choices for almost any desktop, with large digital displays, high-quality speakerphones, hold and mute buttons, and more. The main difference between them is the added pass-through Ethernet port on the UT 123 that lets you “daisy-chain” to another Ethernet device. Ethernet connects a VoIP phone to the Internet, and some offices have only one Ethernet port. Using the UT 123, you can plug the phone into the Ethernet port on the wall and then plug your computer into the phone, so you don’t have to run another Ethernet line into your office.
Of special interest is the TGP 550B Desk & Cordless Phone. This set includes a desk phone that you can place where you work the most and a roaming, cordless handset that you can take with you as you move about your office. Both include the great features you expect, like speakerphones and backlit digital displays.
For more details, look at the VoIP Phone list on our website or call us at 888-825-0800, option 1. All of these phones are available for purchase now.
Panasonic SIP phones are a proven, cost-effective endpoint solution for any size business utilizing the latest in Hosted and Open Source PBX technology. Put your business on the cutting edge of communications, with a system that delivers value now… and flexibility for the future.
FREE iPhone and Android App from Virtual PBX
September 28th, 2012
Who doesn’t love free apps? If you have a smart phone, you love apps and there are a ton of them out there providing quick, easy and convenient ways to access nearly everything. And thanks to Virtual PBX, there is now a new free app for you to love.
Virtual PBX has released a helpful new application which breaks the mold in the Hosted PBX Market. Virtual PBX Extension Manager, the new free application for Apple iOS and android devices, makes it easy for Virtual PBX customers to have access to all of the most-used functions of their phone system, directly from their iPhones.
“We’re excited to introduce the first business extension management app with this advanced level of functionality for iPhone users,” said Paul Hammond, CEO of Virtual PBX. “As an iPhone user myself, I love to have the Virtual PBX features I use the most right at my fingertips, and I am certain our customers will appreciate it, too.”
Using a simple, intuitive interface users can manage extensions on multiple Virtual PBX accounts, mark their extensions as unavailable, and even redirect incoming business calls to any of up to four different phones. Virtual PBX’s free application also includes iPhone-based presence management, a feature exclusive to Virtual PBX.
The Virtual PBX Extension Manager App makes presence management available through the user’s phone, allowing them to log in and out of queues as needed. With the use of exclusive intelligent queue algorithms, Virtual PBX reduces caller hold times by not forcing calls to extensions where no one will answer. This means better efficiency for the customer and happier callers. And who doesn’t want happier callers? Have happier callers with the new free app from Virtual PBX.
Virtual PBX Unveils New Flat-rate Plan Benefits
June 26th, 2012
We are excited to announce several changes in our flat-rate plans that will be of immediate benefit to all clients of these plans. The net effect is that everyone on these plans can save even more!
First, the price for our 1 User Flat rate plan has been reduced from $39.99/month down to $34.99/ month. Effective immediately, everyone on a 1-user plan will see a $5 per month reduction in cost.
Second, we are making all ACD queues in flat-rate plans totally free. If you have multiple departments, such as sales, customer service, billing, etc., you can set up a True ACD queue for each one at no additional cost. And you get all the same benefits – skills-based ranking, load balancing, call recording, and everything else – all at no cost. If you’re a smaller company, you can look more professional by setting up additional departments with more queues, while keeping costs low by routing calls to the same employees for each queue. The price of ACD Queues on flat-rate plans was $15.00 per month, each. Now all ACD Queues on Flat Rate plans are Free.
Finally, we’ve cut the cost for additional phone numbers in half! You’ve always received 2 free phone numbers with our flat-rate plans, and additional numbers were $10 per month each. Now, they’re just $5 a month. What can you do with more phone numbers at this new low price?
- Optimize your marketing costs by assigning a separate phone number to each advertisement, campaign or promotion, and see which campaign gets the most calls.
- Get extra direct-dial numbers for your top executives so your most important clients can reach them directly, without going through the auto-attendant.
- Add local phone numbers in multiple cities to give your company a local “feel” and generate more business.
- Add a nationwide toll free number so clients anywhere can reach you for free. It will increase your inbound call volume and will also give you a stronger company image.
All these changes are available immediately to both new and existing clients. For more information, call one of our sales reps at 888-825-0800, option 1.
Virtual PBX Named Finalist in the 2012 Hot Companies and Best Products Awards by Network Products Guide
April 20th, 2012
Unstoppable! Virtual PBX Wins Yet Another Award for Virtual PBX Complete
Virtual PBX (www.virtualpbx.com), the inventor and leading supplier of hosted business phone services, is excited to announce that Network Products Guide, industry’s leading technology research and advisory guide, has named Virtual PBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere a finalist for the 7th Annual 2012 Hot Companies and Best Products Awards in the Voice over IP and Unified Communications category. Winners will be honored in Las Vegas on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 during the 7th annual dinner and presentations.
As the industry’s leading technology research and advisory guide, Network Products Guide plays a vital role in keeping decision makers and end-users informed of the choices they can make in all areas of information technology. The guide follows conscientious research methodologies developed and enhanced by industry experts.
Awards from Network Products Guide, such as the Hot Companies and Best Products Award, are the world’s premier information technology awards created to honor and generate industry wide recognition of the achievements and positive contributions of organizations and IT professionals worldwide in every area. In other words, Network Products Guide only gives these awards to those who honestly deserve them.
“This recognition as a Hot Company and Product finalist validates our position as a company successfully overcoming the communication issues faced by businesses today,” said Greg Brashier, CMO of Virtual PBX. “From the beginning our objective has been to keep communication costs and complexity low so that small- and mid-sized businesses can have the capacity and features to fuel growth and meet their business objectives.”
Virtual PBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere is truly a product you can depend on. Not only has it won more awards than any other hosted PBX service, but it has also won the best awards.
Panasonic Cordless Phones Deliver Business Quality
April 11th, 2012
Home and office phone systems have come a long way in the past few years. Numerous upgrades have made all types of phones more accessible, including cordless phones.
One of the more notable cordless phones available today is from Panasonic, one of the leading names in telecommunications. The Panasonic TGP500B is a feature rich desk phone replacement with outstanding voice quality and a range of productivity-boosting options. Integrated with SIP based technology, this cordless phone uses Digital Enhanced Cordless Technology (DECT) to improve call quality and support multiple handsets. Users can add up to 6 DECT cordless handsets to one base.
The Panasonic TGP500B uses new frequencies and digital technology virtually eliminating interference to provide you crystal clear communications. DECT 6.0 ensures there is no interference with wireless networks. With the convenient cordless design, you can have static-free conversations away from the base. The large range is perfect for today’s busy lifestyle, allowing you to escape the confines of the base station and freely walk around you home or office or even outside.
Features of the Panasonic include:
- Expandable Cordless Phone System with
Base Station and 1 cordless handset
- DECT radio technology
- 2.1 inch backlit LCD display on handset
- Includes power supply
- Wall-mountable base unit
- Add 5 additional cordless handsets
Overall, the Panasonic TGP500B VoIP Phone is easy to use and deploy, convenient and expandable. Virtual PBX is proud to announce the addition of this technology to its product line. The TGP500B model includes both the base station and one handset. Additional handsets can be ordered under the model number TPA50B.
Virtual PBX® Receives 2011 Unified Communications Product Of The Year Award From Internet Telephony
April 5th, 2012
Virtual PBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere Recognized for Innovation
Virtual PBX has done it again. They have once again proven themselves as one of the most awarded hosted PBX providers. TMC, a global, integrated media company, has just named Virtual PBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere as a recipient of its 2011 Unified Communications Product of the Year Award, sponsored by INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine.
This is the ninth award presented to Virtual PBX by TMC for Virtual PBX Complete. In just one year, TMC has presented nine different awards to Virtual PBX for this innovative product.
Rich Tehrani, CEO of TMC explains, “The editors from INTERNET TELEPHONY are pleased to grant a Unified Communications Product of the Year Award to Virtual PBX for Virtual PBX Complete with VoIP Anywhere.” He continues, “Virtual PBX has proven they are committed to quality and excellence while addressing real needs in the marketplace. We look forward to seeing continued advancement in technology solutions from Virtual PBX in the future.”
Virtual PBX has really outdone themselves by creating a product so innovative, so unique, that it is still creating buzz a year later. Setting new standards for flexibility, features, price, and ease of installation, Virtual PBX Complete forged ahead, establishing new technology and employing out-of-the-box thinking.
“At Virtual PBX, we focus on our customers’ needs to keep communications costs and complexity low, while ensuring they have the capacity and features to fuel growth to meet their business objectives,” said Greg Brashier, CMO of Virtual PBX. “This award illustrates the high value we are providing with Virtual PBX Complete.”
Save Money and Increase Productivity with SelectRoute™
March 2nd, 2012
Virtual PBX® pioneered ACD queuing for virtual phone systems, and is still way ahead of the competition. ACD queues are used when the caller wants to reach a business function, such as sales or customer service, instead of an individual. Usually, these callers won’t have a name, they just have a need.
However, some businesses want to route calls to an extension or ACD queue that is not a standard business function. This is where SelectRoute™ comes in.
SelectRoute offers call routing capabilities beyond the standard routing features offered by ACD queues. Instead of simply routing the call to the next available agent or a generic queue, SelectRoute routes the call based on direct user input that specifies how the call is to be handled so the call is routed to the correct agent.
Our SelectRoute option lets you route calls automatically based on a wide set of user inputs up to nine digits in length. Ask the user to spell out a product name, a company name, or an account number. The possibilities are limitless with VirtualPBX.
Below are common types of instructions that SelectRoute can support:
- Route calls by geography: Area code & zip code– Route calls by NPA (Area Code), NPA-NXX (Area and Exchange Codes), Zip Code.Have multiple store locations or franchises seamlessly route calls to a single phone number by area code or zip code to the nearest location.
- Menu Routing – Route calls by menu selection
- Custom Routing – Route calls according to your own defined needs. We’ve had clients route to different queues or extension based on the caller entering a model number or a product name.
You can even combine these call routing types to form customized routing to provide the best customer service and to enable your business to operate at optimum efficiency. They can also improve your businesses cost performance by increasing agent utilization and productivity.
A typical business often handles a variety of call types, each requiring a specific skill. The traditional method of reassigning agents with multiple skills to different queues at different times of the day in order make best use of their skills is inefficient.
Virtual PBX and SelectRoute alleviate this problem and enables your business to automatically route calls to the right agents, at the right time regardless of where the agents are located.
With SelectRoute you can even have custom greetings such as “To find the store nearest you, please enter your 5 digit zip code now”. Your caller enters their zip code, and your Virtual PBX system will route them to the appropriate extension or queue. It’s that easy.
But what if the caller enters the wrong information? Don’t worry. We have that covered. In this case, SelectRoute will route the call anywhere you choose, so your caller still gets help even on a bad data entry.
SelectRoute by Virtual PBX will help you create the best custom call routing system designed to fit your needs and send your callers to the right people quickly and easily every time. For more information, please contact our Support team, or call us at 888-825-0800.
Three More Ways to Use Virtual PBX
February 8th, 2012
Create Podcasts – Podcasts are basically audio recordings that can be posted online and downloaded by anyone. Today, more and more businesses and individuals are choosing to communicate via podcasts as an alternative to radio and blogs. Unlike radio and T.V., podcasts are free to subscribe to and create. Interested in creating your own podcast?
Lucky for you, Virtual PBX makes it easy for you to record your own podcast right from your phone. Simply use Virtual PBX’s call recording feature to record an interview, discussion or anything else you want to share with the world. Every Virtual PBX system includes call recording at no added cost. In addition, the call recording feature is greatly customizable and easy to use. Every user with a Virtual PBX extension can record all calls automatically or select calls to record manually by simply pushing #9 during a call.
Have an alternate number – While having a single incoming business number gives your business a unified presence, it can often be very useful to have multiple incoming business numbers. In fact, every Virtual PBX plan can have an unlimited amount of phone numbers as part of the system.
Anyone can benefit from having multiple phone numbers. Let’s say, for example, you want to use one group of employees to answer phone calls for several different business identities. Virtual PBX can answer calls with different greetings on each incoming line and then route the calls to those employees. A preview announcement indicates which business identity was called, so the employee can answer correctly.
Another popular use for multiple numbers is to track response to marketing campaigns. Each advertisement or other marketing activity can include a different telephone number for prospects to get more information. Tracking the incoming activity on each phone number gives a real-time indication of which marketing activity is generating the most calls.
Get a soft phone – Every Virtual PBX system includes VoIP Anywhere technology, which can turn your cellular phone or computer into a full-featured Virtual PBX VoIP phone. Using VoIP phones with your Virtual PBX system adds great new features like direct extension to extension dialing.
Do you want to keep your personal cell phone number private? When you dial out using a softphone registered to VPBX, the caller ID you send is your Virtual PBX number, not your personal cell phone number.
In addition, by making calls through your Virtual PBX system, you can avoid roaming charges. With VoIP Anywhere, you can make calls from around the world through your softphone and Wi-Fi connection, getting U.S. dial tone for free. Don’t waste your money on costly international roaming fees. Call Virtual PBX today and save yourself some hard earned cash.
True 800 Numbers Available
February 3rd, 2012
Since their development in the late 1960’s as an alternative to collect calling, toll free numbers have become increasingly popular. Not long after their release, companies began to notice people preferred to do business with firms that had 800 numbers.
Over time, the original toll free numbers, those beginning with the digits “800” started becoming rare as more companies realized their importance in establishing a strong businesses presence. Additional toll free numbers starting with the prefixes 888, 877, 866, and 855 have been made available, but the original 800 numbers have become hard to get, and if you actually find one, they can be quite expensive. Now, however, Virtual PBX has acquired a large block of these hard-to-get true 800 numbers, and we’re making them available at a very low cost.
Marketing Advantages of Having an 800 Number
- Studies indicate companies receive more business advertising with an 800 number over any other phone number, no matter the type of business or the target market. An ad with a toll free 800 number almost always out performs the exact same ad without a toll free number. It is almost expected that a business will have a toll free number and businesses without one are potentially missing out on tons of sales opportunities.
- An 800 prefix number is going to be a solid foundation for all your advertising. That “8-0-0″ gives your company an instant lift in trust, a more professional appearance, and virtually eliminates customer misdials. It’s rare in the business world that you find something that costs so little and provides so much in return.
- The IDM institute of direct marketing discloses that having a toll free phone number for your customers to call can increase your response rate by 180%, another good reason to seriously think about using a 1- 800 number.
- All the advertising in the world won’t make your phones ring if your audience can’t remember your phone number. 800 numbers are much more memorable and should be a critical part of your marketing effort.
- Many people still wonder whether numbers other than true 8-0-0 numbers are toll free.A 2011 consumer research study found that 97% of consumers recognize the 800 exchange as toll-free, but few connected with the newer toll-free exchanges like 888, 877 and 866.
Credibility and Enhanced Corporate Image
- A 1-800 number can improve your company’s image. It can help you establish a large, trustworthy presence with your client and prospects. Using toll free numbers will tell your customers that you are stable, professional, and serious. Even if you work out of your home, consumers often assume a toll-free 800 number is associated with a large company.
- Moreover, toll free numbers expand your territorial reach encouraging people to call you from across the country or the world. Get an 800 number and put you company on a par with large corporations.
Here at Virtual PBX we recognize the benefits of allowing clients to call you for free, and have made it easy and affordable for anyone to get their own toll free number. And we now have more true 800 numbers available than ever before. We’re offering these numbers to clients at a reduced price for a limited time. Contact us today to get yours.
Are You Ready for 2012?
January 11th, 2012
5 ways to start the New Year right
With the end of 2011 at our heels, it is time to look ahead to 2012. Focus on setting your goals and putting plans is place to achieve them. Need some help? Here are five ways Virtual PBX can help you start the new year with a bang.
- Examine your History – One great way a business can plan ahead for the New Year is to look at data collected from the previous year. Use you Virtual PBX reports to analyze your call stats from 2011 to help you staff more appropriately. Run a Call arrival Pattern Report to see what times of day you took the most calls. This report will clearly show you peaks and valleys in call traffic. This way you know what hours and in which queues to staff more representative.
- Use Call Recording to Monitor Agent Effectiveness – Using free call recording, managers are able to ensure rules are being followed, representatives are giving the best possible customer service, and customers are given accurate information. You can also use the call recording feature to train new employees.
- Save Money by using VoIP Phones and Soft Phones – There is never a bad time to save money so why not start saving this year. With Virtual PBX Complete, most companies will save between 40% and 80% on monthly phone costs. Use our VoIP phone service with a VoIP phone or soft phone and stop paying for expensive analog phone lines.
- Improve your Greetings – The main greeting is the first thing a caller hears when calling your number. This greeting should welcome callers and direct them to your departments and information. With Virtual PBX, there are multiple ways to customize your main greeting and make your small business sound like a big company. For instance, you can create different daytime and nighttime greetings and use our Day/Night scheduler to switch between them automatically.
- Keep up with the Latest Virtual PBX News and Offers – Make sure to check out our Virtual PBX Facebook page to hear first about news, new products and special offers. In addition, read tips to help you grow your business and connect with other business owners.