Posted on November 1, 2012 by Paul Hammond
As an assist to clients affected by hurricane Sandy this week, we posted information about how to prepare for a big storm and keep communication flowing during the storm. We’re posting it here for reference, since winter is nearly upon us. We hope it will be helpful to any of you that may experience storms in the coming months.
There are some important things you can do to make sure your Virtual PBX phone system keeps your business connected during a storm. Virtual PBX systems are in a hardened co-location facility that is part of the national infrastructure. It has multiple sources of power and connection, coming in through different feeds, and is unlikely to be affected by any storm, no matter how severe. We’ll take your calls as long as the phone companies are still delivering them. The issue is making sure you have some place for us to send them.Whether you’re using our standard Virtual PBX Service or our disaster recovery product, PBX Parachute, we recommend that you do the following:
- Figure out which extensions in your system are the most important for uninterrupted phone calls. This may be all of your extensions.
- Talk with the extension owners for those extensions and get alternative phone numbers where they can be reached during the storm. Suggestions include cellular phones (many cell phones will work even if power is down), home phones if they are staying in town, or phone numbers of relatives they will visit if they are leaving the storm area.
- Change the Call Routing for each of these extensions to include the alternate phone numbers. If there is a specific number they want to be tried first, make that the “Default” number. You can exclude office phone numbers if you are sure the employees won’t be at their office phones.
- Be sure that employees know how to update their Call Routing list as things change. This can be done through any browser or from your smartphone via one of our free apps. Just download the Virtual PBX app from the iPhone App Store or Google Play. If your employees need to learn how to do this, they should run our short Extension Owner QuickStart training.
- Let all of your employees make sure they know how to reach someone in charge if things go wrong, whether it’s related to the phone system, or not. Most companies could benefit from an emergency contact list, that can be used to let people know what’s going on, status of the office, and information about other workers. The best way to do this is to decide which Virtual PBX extensions people should call.
Most important of all, please be safe. We sincerely hope that all goes well with your people, as well as your business. Our thoughts are with you.
The VirtualPBX Team
Posted on May 17, 2012 by Paul Hammond
In today’s business world, staying competitive is imperative to running a strong, successful business. To gain a competitive edge, it is important to continuously incorporate new technologies customized to meet customer or client needs while managing costs to stay in budget.
Many businesses today are turning to VoIP to stay competitive. According to recent studies, 50 percent of medium businesses (100-999 employees) claim VoIP will become critical to their business. In-Stat forecasts that active VoIP subscriber rates will triple in 2012, growing from 9 million in 2011 to 29 million.
Virtual PBX offers a business VoIP system that will give you the competitive edge with enterprise features. Here are a few of the key features and advantages of switching to hosted VoIP that will keep your business on the cutting edge…
Enhanced Productivity – Many productivity-enhancing features previously available only through expensive add-ons to traditional PBXs come standard with VoIP from Virtual PBX. These features include advanced call routing, auto attendant, “find me/follow me”, day and night modes, ACD Queues, custom greetings, and caller ID.
Advanced ACD Queues – Virtual PBX offers the most sophisticated ACD capability of any hosted system, through our TrueACD™ technology, an advanced technology that prioritizes, ranks, and manages both the incoming callers and the people waiting to take the calls. ACD queuing is a critical business function, especially for call centers, and needs to be as robust and feature-rich as possible to allow the maximum flexibility for your company.
Work from Anywhere – With a hosted VoIP PBX from Virtual PBX, you can easily work from any location using a VoIP phone, a cellular phone or even a home phone. And you can quickly and easily access the advanced features of your phone system from any location. Simply connect to the Internet and log into your VoIP phone to have access to all the information available in your office system 24/7.
Low total cost of ownership – Analysis show that Virtual PBX VoIP can reduce an organization’s monthly phone costs by 40-80%. Virtual PBX Plans start at just $9.99 per month, or you can get unlimited minutes for as little as $19.99 per user.
Virtual PBX works seamlessly with your existing business environment, helping employees use their phones as efficiently as possible. Virtual PBX’s VoIP Business system has proven beneficial again and again in boosting productivity, increasing customer service and cutting costs.
Posted on May 1, 2012 by Paul Hammond
Virtual PBX is offering you the chance to win The New iPad! That’s right. One lucky person will win their very own New iPad. Even better, we have made it incredibly quick and easy to enter.
All you need to do is LIKE us on Facebook then submit your information on our promotions page here: http://on.fb.me/Hj6Pmg. Easy, right? And you don’t even need to be a customer to win, so spread the word to your friends and family.
This exciting promotion will end on May 31st, 2012, so make sure you get your entry in by 11:59PM PST. We’ll notify our winner on June 1st via the email address provided.
In addition, while you’re on our Facebook page, be sure check out the latest Virtual PBX news, find out what Virtual PBX users like about our service, and catch up on all the amazing history that has made us the first and best Hosted PBX provider.