Tag: small business
Posted on April 29, 2014 by Paul Hammond
Here at VirtualPBX, we understand how frustrating it can be to miss that important call you’ve been waiting for… so we’ve gone ahead and created the best features in the industry to ensure you never have to miss another phone call again. With our unique voice and fax messages options, receiving communications is more convenient than ever. You can get a voicemail or be alerted of a fax message awaiting your reply via email, pager, web, and even text message.
Aside from never-full mailboxes, centralized messaging, voicemail interrupt, and fax viewing options, below are even more benefits you receive when you choose a VirtualPBX business phone system.
- Personal greeting
Give your callers a distinctive greeting and allow your personality shine through. With a customized voicemail greeting, callers can hear your voice rather than a traditional recording.
- Phone, email, and web notifications
Depending on the nature of your business, it can be crucial to know when you have a new voicemail or fax message awaiting your reply. With the VirtualPBX system, you can be alerted via email notification, pager, web, or even through text messages sent directly to your cell phone.
- Phone, email, and web message delivery
Now you can retrieve your messages from almost anywhere. Get them via any touchtone telephone, routed to your email as .wav files, or from any computer with Internet access and speakers.
- Automatic callback
How many times have you wanted to return a call only to realize that the caller didn’t leave a phone number? With VirtualPBX, you can return a call to the number from which the message was left with one button – no manual phone number entry is necessary.
Call VirtualPBX at 1 (888) 825-0800 to learn more about our voice and faxmail options today. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted on April 16, 2014 by Paul Hammond
VirtualPBX prides itself on offering the top features in the industry. One feature that will prevent you from ever missing another important call again, even if you’re on the road, is our voice and fax messages feature. We understand the frustration of missing important phone calls and faxes, so we’ve done our best to ensure that you are connected to your clients, customers, employees, and partners at all times.
From never-full mailboxes, centralized messages, voicemail interrupt, and fax viewing options, we have our bases covered… do you? Check just a few of the benefits below when you use VirtualPBX.
- Never-full mailboxes
Tired of running out of room in your virtual mailbox? VirtualPBX offers the option to automatically open more message space for you when your mailbox becomes full. We move older messages out to make room for any new messages. Your old messages are archived for two weeks so you have plenty of time to recover them or choose to have the message file sent to your email which you can then save indefinitely.
- Centralized messaging
We understand the importance of having more than one phone with its own voicemail, especially when you’re running a business. Rather than searching through each voicemail separately to check your messages, we’ve developed a way to let you centralize all of your messages within a single system.
- Voicemail interrupt
Your VirtualPBX extensions can listen to callers in real-time as they leave a voicemail on your business phone system. You are able to pick up the call at any time, just as you can with a traditional home answering machine, by pressing the pound key.
- Fax viewing options
Get incoming faxes automatically, without the need for a fax machine – it will save you time and money. With VirtualPBX, faxes can be delivered as .pdf files via our web tool or through your email.
Learn more about our voice and faxmail options today. Call VirtualPBX at 1 (888) 825-0800. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted on February 3, 2012 by Paul Hammond
Since their development in the late 1960’s as an alternative to collect calling, toll free numbers have become increasingly popular. Not long after their release, companies began to notice people preferred to do business with firms that had 800 numbers.
Over time, the original toll free numbers, those beginning with the digits “800” started becoming rare as more companies realized their importance in establishing a strong businesses presence. Additional toll free numbers starting with the prefixes 888, 877, 866, and 855 have been made available, but the original 800 numbers have become hard to get, and if you actually find one, they can be quite expensive. Now, however, Virtual PBX has acquired a large block of these hard-to-get true 800 numbers, and we’re making them available at a very low cost.
Marketing Advantages of Having an 800 Number
- Studies indicate companies receive more business advertising with an 800 number over any other phone number, no matter the type of business or the target market. An ad with a toll free 800 number almost always out performs the exact same ad without a toll free number. It is almost expected that a business will have a toll free number and businesses without one are potentially missing out on tons of sales opportunities.
- An 800 prefix number is going to be a solid foundation for all your advertising. That “8-0-0″ gives your company an instant lift in trust, a more professional appearance, and virtually eliminates customer misdials. It’s rare in the business world that you find something that costs so little and provides so much in return.
- The IDM institute of direct marketing discloses that having a toll free phone number for your customers to call can increase your response rate by 180%, another good reason to seriously think about using a 1- 800 number.
- All the advertising in the world won’t make your phones ring if your audience can’t remember your phone number. 800 numbers are much more memorable and should be a critical part of your marketing effort.
- Many people still wonder whether numbers other than true 8-0-0 numbers are toll free.A 2011 consumer research study found that 97% of consumers recognize the 800 exchange as toll-free, but few connected with the newer toll-free exchanges like 888, 877 and 866.
Credibility and Enhanced Corporate Image
- A 1-800 number can improve your company’s image. It can help you establish a large, trustworthy presence with your client and prospects. Using toll free numbers will tell your customers that you are stable, professional, and serious. Even if you work out of your home, consumers often assume a toll-free 800 number is associated with a large company.
- Moreover, toll free numbers expand your territorial reach encouraging people to call you from across the country or the world. Get an 800 number and put you company on a par with large corporations.
Here at Virtual PBX we recognize the benefits of allowing clients to call you for free, and have made it easy and affordable for anyone to get their own toll free number. And we now have more true 800 numbers available than ever before. We’re offering these numbers to clients at a reduced price for a limited time. Contact us today to get yours.
Posted on January 11, 2012 by Paul Hammond
5 ways to start the New Year right
With the end of 2011 at our heels, it is time to look ahead to 2012. Focus on setting your goals and putting plans is place to achieve them. Need some help? Here are five ways Virtual PBX can help you start the new year with a bang.
- Examine your History – One great way a business can plan ahead for the New Year is to look at data collected from the previous year. Use you Virtual PBX reports to analyze your call stats from 2011 to help you staff more appropriately. Run a Call arrival Pattern Report to see what times of day you took the most calls. This report will clearly show you peaks and valleys in call traffic. This way you know what hours and in which queues to staff more representative.
- Use Call Recording to Monitor Agent Effectiveness – Using free call recording, managers are able to ensure rules are being followed, representatives are giving the best possible customer service, and customers are given accurate information. You can also use the call recording feature to train new employees.
- Save Money by using VoIP Phones and Soft Phones – There is never a bad time to save money so why not start saving this year. With Virtual PBX Complete, most companies will save between 40% and 80% on monthly phone costs. Use our VoIP phone service with a VoIP phone or soft phone and stop paying for expensive analog phone lines.
- Improve your Greetings – The main greeting is the first thing a caller hears when calling your number. This greeting should welcome callers and direct them to your departments and information. With Virtual PBX, there are multiple ways to customize your main greeting and make your small business sound like a big company. For instance, you can create different daytime and nighttime greetings and use our Day/Night scheduler to switch between them automatically.
- Keep up with the Latest Virtual PBX News and Offers – Make sure to check out our Virtual PBX Facebook page to hear first about news, new products and special offers. In addition, read tips to help you grow your business and connect with other business owners.
Posted on September 19, 2011 by Paul Hammond
One important factor in running any successful business of any size is to keep control of the money flowing out of the door. This is particularly true for small businesses with little help from investors. In today’s economy, small business owners know first hand the importance of cutting costs within their business to ensure growth of the company. The goal is the stretch their dollars as far as possible to keep the bottom line as high as possible.
Below are some suggestions to help you cut down on business expenses and increase the bottom line.
Monitor usage of office supplies.
This is a great way to quickly and easily cut costs. Purchasing office supplies can often be major expense for any business, even a small home business. Thousands of dollars can fly right out the window when office supplies are misused. Simply adjusting how you use and buy these supplies can save you a considerable amount of money. Before you buy supplies such as pens and paper, double check to make sure you are out. In addition, put the supplies in a locked room so employees are not tempted to grab things they may not really need.
Don’t Just Buy Individual Items
You can save money by purchasing things in bulk. You might not think that buying more can save you more, but with the right approach you can pocket significant savings. Over time, smaller purchases can start to add up very quickly. If there are items you business uses a lot of, research where to get the cheapest per item cost, and buy these items in bulk to save money. For example, instead of buying paper in 500 sheet packs, consider buying a case of 5,000 sheets.
Buy used or reconditioned.
Having the latest and greatest equipment is nice, but not always necessary. You can function just as well by purchasing used equipment, furniture, tools and other business related items. Buying used items for your office can help you stay within your budget. You can still have a professional image and keep your budget in check when buying used furniture. Start by looking at your local want ads, business closeouts, and auctions. Save your cash for when you really need it. You can always buy new equipment and furniture later.
Check Your Utilities
There is no way you can run a business without utilities such as electricity, cable, and internet. However, there are many ways you can save money on your utilities buy doing a few simple things. Do some research and see if you can choose your provider. You can also request an energy audit and off-peak usage discount from your utility company. The energy audit is free, and they can give you tips on how to conserve energy and reduce your bill. Get a printout of your energy consumption and see if you can get a discount when your peak usage coincides with their low-point usage.
Another way you can save money on your utilities is to turn down the heat during the winter season. According to the Alliance to Save Energy, for every degree you lower your office temperature during the heating season you can save 5% on your bill. In addition, make sure the lights are out when no one is in the office.
Use Virtual PBX
Last but not least, simplify your life and save money by using Virtual PBX. Telecom costs are a major expense in every business. But you don’t have to pay a lot of money for great service. By using a VoIP phone and Virtual PBX service to make and receive phone calls, you can save money by getting rid of your landline carrier. By switching to Virtual PBX you can save 40-80% in traditional phone system and landline costs – a significant relief to your pocketbook! Virtual PBX provides business communication that is affordable, easy and accessible from anywhere with low monthly fees and no contracts or setup costs.