Tag: small business phone system
Posted on February 8, 2012 by Paul Hammond
Create Podcasts – Podcasts are basically audio recordings that can be posted online and downloaded by anyone. Today, more and more businesses and individuals are choosing to communicate via podcasts as an alternative to radio and blogs. Unlike radio and T.V., podcasts are free to subscribe to and create. Interested in creating your own podcast?
Lucky for you, Virtual PBX makes it easy for you to record your own podcast right from your phone. Simply use Virtual PBX’s call recording feature to record an interview, discussion or anything else you want to share with the world. Every Virtual PBX system includes call recording at no added cost. In addition, the call recording feature is greatly customizable and easy to use. Every user with a Virtual PBX extension can record all calls automatically or select calls to record manually by simply pushing #9 during a call.
Have an alternate number – While having a single incoming business number gives your business a unified presence, it can often be very useful to have multiple incoming business numbers. In fact, every Virtual PBX plan can have an unlimited amount of phone numbers as part of the system.
Anyone can benefit from having multiple phone numbers. Let’s say, for example, you want to use one group of employees to answer phone calls for several different business identities. Virtual PBX can answer calls with different greetings on each incoming line and then route the calls to those employees. A preview announcement indicates which business identity was called, so the employee can answer correctly.
Another popular use for multiple numbers is to track response to marketing campaigns. Each advertisement or other marketing activity can include a different telephone number for prospects to get more information. Tracking the incoming activity on each phone number gives a real-time indication of which marketing activity is generating the most calls.
Get a soft phone – Every Virtual PBX system includes VoIP Anywhere technology, which can turn your cellular phone or computer into a full-featured Virtual PBX VoIP phone. Using VoIP phones with your Virtual PBX system adds great new features like direct extension to extension dialing.
Do you want to keep your personal cell phone number private? When you dial out using a softphone registered to VPBX, the caller ID you send is your Virtual PBX number, not your personal cell phone number.
In addition, by making calls through your Virtual PBX system, you can avoid roaming charges. With VoIP Anywhere, you can make calls from around the world through your softphone and Wi-Fi connection, getting U.S. dial tone for free. Don’t waste your money on costly international roaming fees. Call Virtual PBX today and save yourself some hard earned cash.
Posted on February 3, 2012 by Paul Hammond
Since their development in the late 1960’s as an alternative to collect calling, toll free numbers have become increasingly popular. Not long after their release, companies began to notice people preferred to do business with firms that had 800 numbers.
Over time, the original toll free numbers, those beginning with the digits “800” started becoming rare as more companies realized their importance in establishing a strong businesses presence. Additional toll free numbers starting with the prefixes 888, 877, 866, and 855 have been made available, but the original 800 numbers have become hard to get, and if you actually find one, they can be quite expensive. Now, however, Virtual PBX has acquired a large block of these hard-to-get true 800 numbers, and we’re making them available at a very low cost.
Marketing Advantages of Having an 800 Number
- Studies indicate companies receive more business advertising with an 800 number over any other phone number, no matter the type of business or the target market. An ad with a toll free 800 number almost always out performs the exact same ad without a toll free number. It is almost expected that a business will have a toll free number and businesses without one are potentially missing out on tons of sales opportunities.
- An 800 prefix number is going to be a solid foundation for all your advertising. That “8-0-0″ gives your company an instant lift in trust, a more professional appearance, and virtually eliminates customer misdials. It’s rare in the business world that you find something that costs so little and provides so much in return.
- The IDM institute of direct marketing discloses that having a toll free phone number for your customers to call can increase your response rate by 180%, another good reason to seriously think about using a 1- 800 number.
- All the advertising in the world won’t make your phones ring if your audience can’t remember your phone number. 800 numbers are much more memorable and should be a critical part of your marketing effort.
- Many people still wonder whether numbers other than true 8-0-0 numbers are toll free.A 2011 consumer research study found that 97% of consumers recognize the 800 exchange as toll-free, but few connected with the newer toll-free exchanges like 888, 877 and 866.
Credibility and Enhanced Corporate Image
- A 1-800 number can improve your company’s image. It can help you establish a large, trustworthy presence with your client and prospects. Using toll free numbers will tell your customers that you are stable, professional, and serious. Even if you work out of your home, consumers often assume a toll-free 800 number is associated with a large company.
- Moreover, toll free numbers expand your territorial reach encouraging people to call you from across the country or the world. Get an 800 number and put you company on a par with large corporations.
Here at Virtual PBX we recognize the benefits of allowing clients to call you for free, and have made it easy and affordable for anyone to get their own toll free number. And we now have more true 800 numbers available than ever before. We’re offering these numbers to clients at a reduced price for a limited time. Contact us today to get yours.
Posted on January 11, 2012 by Paul Hammond
5 ways to start the New Year right
With the end of 2011 at our heels, it is time to look ahead to 2012. Focus on setting your goals and putting plans is place to achieve them. Need some help? Here are five ways Virtual PBX can help you start the new year with a bang.
- Examine your History – One great way a business can plan ahead for the New Year is to look at data collected from the previous year. Use you Virtual PBX reports to analyze your call stats from 2011 to help you staff more appropriately. Run a Call arrival Pattern Report to see what times of day you took the most calls. This report will clearly show you peaks and valleys in call traffic. This way you know what hours and in which queues to staff more representative.
- Use Call Recording to Monitor Agent Effectiveness – Using free call recording, managers are able to ensure rules are being followed, representatives are giving the best possible customer service, and customers are given accurate information. You can also use the call recording feature to train new employees.
- Save Money by using VoIP Phones and Soft Phones – There is never a bad time to save money so why not start saving this year. With Virtual PBX Complete, most companies will save between 40% and 80% on monthly phone costs. Use our VoIP phone service with a VoIP phone or soft phone and stop paying for expensive analog phone lines.
- Improve your Greetings – The main greeting is the first thing a caller hears when calling your number. This greeting should welcome callers and direct them to your departments and information. With Virtual PBX, there are multiple ways to customize your main greeting and make your small business sound like a big company. For instance, you can create different daytime and nighttime greetings and use our Day/Night scheduler to switch between them automatically.
- Keep up with the Latest Virtual PBX News and Offers – Make sure to check out our Virtual PBX Facebook page to hear first about news, new products and special offers. In addition, read tips to help you grow your business and connect with other business owners.
Posted on December 1, 2011 by Paul Hammond
In today’s world, vanity numbers have become extremely common among business owners. Once only associated with big corporations, vanity numbers are now readily available to anyone who wants them.
A vanity number is an alpha-numeric telephone number containing a word or phrase which is memorable and usually defines their corporate identity. Some companies such as 1-800-FlOWERS and 1-800-PET-MEDS build their company around their business defining vanity number.
But what are the benefits of owning a vanity number and does your business need one?
One of the main benefits to having a vanity number is they are super easy to remember. All the advertising in the world won’t get your phones ringing unless your audience can remember your phone number. When you try to remember a phone number, you are using your short-term memory. The human brain can only keep so many things in short-term memory and that information is only stored for a few seconds to several minutes before it is gone forever. The best way to transfer incoming information into long-term memory is to link, associate or connect the incoming information with something in your memory which is meaningful. Switching a phone number from random numbers to words allows people to make memorable connections with that phone number and your business, therefore increasing the chance it will remain in their long-term memory.
Aside from the connection, you are reducing the amount of data prospective clients have to process from seven digits to a single word or phrase. This makes memorizing the number quick and easy and thus people are much more likely to call that number when they need that service.
In addition, memorable vanity numbers will help you generate more business by increasing effective word of mouth advertising and the potential to reach tons of people you would otherwise never reach. Studies show that a good vanity number can increase word of mouth advertising by as much as 200% and the percentage of return customers is higher.
Furthermore, a great vanity number will establish your brand and leave a lasting impression with current and future customers. Therefore, it is important to obtain vanity numbers that reflect both your industry and business name. Vanity numbers were once only associated with established national corporations thus people perceive a company with a vanity number as bigger and stronger.
Overall, if you are interested in increasing your potential customer base, securing your reputation and letting people know you are a true professional, consider getting a vanity number for your business.
For more information on vanity numbers please click here: https://virtualpbx.com/learn-more/phone-numbers/toll-free-phone-numbers/
Posted on June 20, 2011 by Paul Hammond
Online Flower Company Blossoms With Virtual PBX Complete System
As a growing small business with offices and customers all around the world, FiftyFlowers.com knows the importance of maintaining a professional image and keeping employees connected at all times. Early on they realized the carrier they were using was not up to par with the high level of service they were determined to provide.
In 2007 they found the perfect solution that allowed them to not only keep its worldwide offices running smoothly and employees connected, but also save hundreds of dollars per month.
“Before Virtual PBX we relied on a simplistic 1-800 carrier in Canada that frequently dropped calls,” said Blu Atwood, co-founder and CMO of FiftyFlowers. “We needed a PBX solution that was both scalable and affordable, and our search led us to Virtual PBX. By enabling us to pick from available bundled solutions, we saved a few hundred dollars within a month of deploying the system, while we benefited from all the great features of a traditional PBX.”
With the expensive and resource intensive traditional PBX system out of the way, FiftyFlowers was now able to provide their customers and employees with great customer service, easily utilizing all of Virtual PBX’s numerous features to keep everyone connected.
This past February when Virtual PBX introduced Virtual PBX Complete, FiftyFlowers switched immediately to this new plan, knowing Virtual PBX Complete’s multiple features and flexible options would work perfectly for their growing company. With Virtual PBX Complete, the company is now able to use a mix of VoIP and landlines, allowing its employees to choose the solution that best fit their needs.
“FiftyFlowers is the perfect example of a growing business that needs a stable phone system in order to provide stellar customer service,” said Paul Hammond, CEO and president of Virtual PBX. “Our Virtual PBX Complete is an all-in-one solution that allows our customers to choose the plan that best suits their needs, without having to skimp on features and reliability.”