Tag: SIP VoIP
Posted on November 6, 2012 by Paul Hammond
VirtualPBX is excited to introduce three new Panasonic models to our list of top-of-the-line, cutting-edge VoIP Phones. We have added the Panasonic UT 113 Desk Phone, the Panasonic UT 123 Desk Phone and the Panasonic TGP 550B Desk & Cordless Phone.
Panasonic, a global leader in business communications, has a long history of offering state-of-the-art advanced telephony products. Designed to complement your existing communication infrastructures, Panasonic phones are ideal for home office and business environments, providing outstanding voice quality and a wide range of productivity-boosting options all in feature-rich desk phone replacements. They provide functionality and flexibility for optimal business communications.
The UT 113 and UT 123 desk phones are great choices for almost any desktop, with large digital displays, high-quality speakerphones, hold and mute buttons, and more. The main difference between them is the added pass-through Ethernet port on the UT 123 that lets you “daisy-chain” to another Ethernet device. Ethernet connects a VoIP phone to the Internet, and some offices have only one Ethernet port. Using the UT 123, you can plug the phone into the Ethernet port on the wall and then plug your computer into the phone, so you don’t have to run another Ethernet line into your office.
Of special interest is the TGP 550B Desk & Cordless Phone. This set includes a desk phone that you can place where you work the most and a roaming, cordless handset that you can take with you as you move about your office. Both include the great features you expect, like speakerphones and backlit digital displays.
For more details, look at the VoIP Phone list on our website or call us at 888-825-0800, option 1. All of these phones are available for purchase now.
Panasonic SIP phones are a proven, cost-effective endpoint solution for any size business utilizing the latest in Hosted and Open Source PBX technology. Put your business on the cutting edge of communications wth more than just cutting-edge VoIP phones, do it also with a system that delivers value now… and flexibility for the future.
Posted on June 7, 2012 by Paul Hammond
Nine Consecutive Awards and Huge Growth for VirtualPBX Complete
Called a “cream of the crop” service by its customers, the latest award wining service from VirtualPBX, VirtualPBX Complete, quickly worked its way to the upper echelon of VoIP solutions, delivering an unparalleled complete business phone service.
Unlike other hosted PBX services, VirtualPBX Complete supports the blending of analog and IP telephony while simultaneously incorporating open SIP peering. Eliminating the need for proprietary software and delivering the freedom and flexibility to carry business extensions anywhere around the world through a smartphone, Virtual PBX complete is becoming an essential element for running a successful business.
“The need for business VoIP solutions is high, and we’re excited to have been able to launch such a strong product,” said Greg Brashier, CMO of Virtual PBX.
- 2010 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award
- 2010 Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award
- 2011 Internet Telephony Excellence Award
- 2011 Next Generation Network Leadership Award
- Internet Telephony’s 2011 TMC Labs Innovation Award
- Network Products Guide 2011 Hot Companies And Best Products Award
- 2011 Internet Telephony Unified Communications Product of the Year Award
- 2011 Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award
- 2011 Unified Communications Excellence Award
VirtualPBX announced continued strong growth in the 15 months since the launch of its award-winning VirtualPBX Complete business VoIP solution in February 2011, citing a 49.9 percent rise in traffic though the company’s hosted PBX system. With Virtual PBX’s expertise in technology and ability to create some of the most innovative products and services on the market, it is easy to see why they are so popular.
Posted on April 11, 2012 by Paul Hammond
Home and office phone systems have come a long way in the past few years. Numerous upgrades have made all types of phones more accessible, especially with Panasonic cordless phones.
One of the more notable Panasonic cordless phones available today is the Panasonic TGP500B. This is a feature rich desk phone replacement with outstanding voice quality and a range of productivity-boosting options. Integrated with SIP based technology, this cordless phone uses Digital Enhanced Cordless Technology (DECT) to improve call quality and support multiple handsets. Users can add up to 6 DECT cordless handsets to one base.
All of the Panasonic cordless phones, including the TGP500B, use new frequencies and digital technology virtually eliminating interference to provide you crystal clear communications. DECT 6.0 ensures there is no interference with wireless networks. With the convenient cordless design, you can have static-free conversations away from the base. The large range is perfect for today’s busy lifestyle, allowing you to escape the confines of the base station and freely walk around you home or office or even outside.
Features of the Panasonic include:
- Expandable Cordless Phone System with Base Station and 1 cordless handset
- DECT radio technology
- 2.1 inch backlit LCD display on handset
- Includes power supply
- Wall-mountable base unit
- Add 5 additional cordless handsets
Overall, the Panasonic TGP500B VoIP Phone is easy to use and deploy, convenient and expandable. Virtual PBX is proud to announce the addition of this technology to its product line. The TGP500B model includes both the base station and one handset. Additional handsets can be ordered under the model number TPA50B.
Posted on January 11, 2012 by Paul Hammond
5 ways to start the New Year right and get ready for 2012
With the end of 2011 at our heels, it is time to look ahead to getting ready for 2012. Focus on setting your goals and putting plans is place to achieve them. Need some help? Here are five ways Virtual PBX can help you start the new year with a bang.
- Examine your History – One great way a business can plan ahead for the New Year is to look at data collected from the previous year. Use you Virtual PBX reports to analyze your call stats from 2011 to help you staff more appropriately. Run a Call arrival Pattern Report to see what times of day you took the most calls. This report will clearly show you peaks and valleys in call traffic. This way you know what hours and in which queues to staff more representative.
- Use Call Recording to Monitor Agent Effectiveness – Using free call recording, managers are able to ensure rules are being followed, representatives are giving the best possible customer service, and customers are given accurate information. You can also use the call recording feature to train new employees.
- Save Money by using VoIP Phones and Soft Phones – There is never a bad time to save money so why not start saving this year. With Virtual PBX Complete, most companies will save between 40% and 80% on monthly phone costs. Use our VoIP phone service with a VoIP phone or soft phone and stop paying for expensive analog phone lines.
- Improve your Greetings – The main greeting is the first thing a caller hears when calling your number. This greeting should welcome callers and direct them to your departments and information. With Virtual PBX, there are multiple ways to customize your main greeting and make your small business sound like a big company. For instance, you can create different daytime and nighttime greetings and use our Day/Night scheduler to switch between them automatically.
- Keep up with the Latest Virtual PBX News and Offers – Make sure to check out our Virtual PBX Facebook page to hear first about news, new products and special offers. In addition, read tips to help you grow your business and connect with other business owners.
Posted on December 28, 2011 by Paul Hammond
At VirtualPBX, we do everything we can to ensure each customer’s system always runs as quickly and effectively as possible. From using fully redundant systems with backups to guaranteeing 99.999% uptime, we take every precaution to give you the most reliable virtual phone service in the market. However, there are also steps our customers may take to ensure their VirtualPBX is running as smoothly as possible at all times. Below, we discuss one such method to improve your VirtualPBX experience, including introducing you to our recommended routers.
To ensure your network can support VoIP traffic and keep your network within recommended parameters for jitter, latency, and packet loss. With that in mind it is important to have a good router. Reports from our customer base have revealed some routers work better than others with SIP traffic and VoIP calls with our VirtualPBX service.
Routers are specialized computers connected to two or more different networks that perform “traffic directing” functions. They run software that allows the device to move data between different networks, determining the most optimal path. Routers move information in “packages” called Packets and can be wireless, wired or a combination of both. Another primary function of a router is to share one Internet connection with many devices on the network.
The Apple Airport Extreme is reportedly best for people who want complete ease of use and 100% compatibility out of the box; the Apple Airport Extreme offers super fast wireless network access throughout just about any home, office, or classroom. This router includes:
- Both wired and wireless connectivity
- Single Ethernet WAN port for connecting to a DSL or cable modem
- 3 Ethernet LAN ports for connecting network devices
More features and specs can be found on Apple’s website.
Please note the Apple Airport Extreme does not support Quality of Service (QoS). QoS is a feature that enables routers to prioritize traffic, allowing the most important traffic to pass first. This results in improved performance for critical network traffic like your VoIP phone call. QoS equipment is useful with VoIP phones on LANs with high volumes of traffic.
For customers that need the utility of QoS, Virtual PBX’s customers found significant value in the Netgear WNDR4500 router. This router is perfect if you need advanced functionality like QOS and stateful pack inspection. This router features:
- Both wired and wireless connectivity
- Single Ethernet WAN port for connecting to a DSL or cable modem
- 4 Ethernet LAN ports for connecting network devices
- Supports QOS and stateful pack inspection.
A product overview and technical specs can be found at Netgear.
We recommend checking all network equipment on site before deploying our service in your office. A good first check of your network can be done using our VoIP Speed Test. If your router is not one of these we discussed here, you may contact our VirtualPBX Support department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 888.825.0800 option 2 to with any questions you may have.
As a part of our award-winning open systems initiative, our phones will work with a wide variety of other routers. For more information, please visit our Recommended Routers page at https://virtualpbx.com/services/recommended-routers//.