Tag: iPhone App
Posted on November 1, 2012 by Paul Hammond
As an assist to clients affected by hurricane Sandy this week, we posted information about how to prepare for a big storm and keep communication flowing during the storm. We’re posting it here for reference, since winter is nearly upon us. We hope it will be helpful to any of you that may experience storms in the coming months.
There are some important things you can do to make sure your Virtual PBX phone system keeps your business connected during a storm. Virtual PBX systems are in a hardened co-location facility that is part of the national infrastructure. It has multiple sources of power and connection, coming in through different feeds, and is unlikely to be affected by any storm, no matter how severe. We’ll take your calls as long as the phone companies are still delivering them. The issue is making sure you have some place for us to send them.Whether you’re using our standard Virtual PBX Service or our disaster recovery product, PBX Parachute, we recommend that you do the following:
- Figure out which extensions in your system are the most important for uninterrupted phone calls. This may be all of your extensions.
- Talk with the extension owners for those extensions and get alternative phone numbers where they can be reached during the storm. Suggestions include cellular phones (many cell phones will work even if power is down), home phones if they are staying in town, or phone numbers of relatives they will visit if they are leaving the storm area.
- Change the Call Routing for each of these extensions to include the alternate phone numbers. If there is a specific number they want to be tried first, make that the “Default” number. You can exclude office phone numbers if you are sure the employees won’t be at their office phones.
- Be sure that employees know how to update their Call Routing list as things change. This can be done through any browser or from your smartphone via one of our free apps. Just download the Virtual PBX app from the iPhone App Store or Google Play. If your employees need to learn how to do this, they should run our short Extension Owner QuickStart training.
- Let all of your employees make sure they know how to reach someone in charge if things go wrong, whether it’s related to the phone system, or not. Most companies could benefit from an emergency contact list, that can be used to let people know what’s going on, status of the office, and information about other workers. The best way to do this is to decide which Virtual PBX extensions people should call.
Most important of all, please be safe. We sincerely hope that all goes well with your people, as well as your business. Our thoughts are with you.
The VirtualPBX Team
Posted on September 28, 2012 by Paul Hammond
Who doesn’t love free apps? If you have a smart phone, you love apps and there are a ton of them out there providing quick, easy and convenient ways to access nearly everything. And thanks to Virtual PBX, there is now a new free app for you to love.
Virtual PBX has released a helpful new application which breaks the mold in the Hosted PBX Market. Virtual PBX Extension Manager, the new free application for Apple iOS and android devices, makes it easy for Virtual PBX customers to have access to all of the most-used functions of their phone system, directly from their iPhones.
“We’re excited to introduce the first business extension management app with this advanced level of functionality for iPhone users,” said Paul Hammond, CEO of Virtual PBX. “As an iPhone user myself, I love to have the Virtual PBX features I use the most right at my fingertips, and I am certain our customers will appreciate it, too.”
Using a simple, intuitive interface users can manage extensions on multiple Virtual PBX accounts, mark their extensions as unavailable, and even redirect incoming business calls to any of up to four different phones. Virtual PBX’s free application also includes iPhone-based presence management, a feature exclusive to Virtual PBX.
The Virtual PBX Extension Manager App makes presence management available through the user’s phone, allowing them to log in and out of queues as needed. With the use of exclusive intelligent queue algorithms, Virtual PBX reduces caller hold times by not forcing calls to extensions where no one will answer. This means better efficiency for the customer and happier callers. And who doesn’t want happier callers? Have happier callers with the new free app from Virtual PBX.