Tag: hosted phone system
Posted on November 6, 2012 by Paul Hammond
VirtualPBX is excited to introduce three new Panasonic models to our list of top-of-the-line VoIP Phone list. We have added the Panasonic UT 113 Desk Phone, the Panasonic UT 123 Desk Phone and the Panasonic TGP 550B Desk & Cordless Phone.
Panasonic, a global leader in business communications, has a long history of offering state-of-the-art advanced telephony products. Designed to complement your existing communication infrastructures, Panasonic phones are ideal for home office and business environments, providing outstanding voice quality and a wide range of productivity-boosting options all in feature-rich desk phone replacements. They provide functionality and flexibility for optimal business communications.
The UT 113 and UT 123 desk phones are great choices for almost any desktop, with large digital displays, high-quality speakerphones, hold and mute buttons, and more. The main difference between them is the added pass-through Ethernet port on the UT 123 that lets you “daisy-chain” to another Ethernet device. Ethernet connects a VoIP phone to the Internet, and some offices have only one Ethernet port. Using the UT 123, you can plug the phone into the Ethernet port on the wall and then plug your computer into the phone, so you don’t have to run another Ethernet line into your office.
Of special interest is the TGP 550B Desk & Cordless Phone. This set includes a desk phone that you can place where you work the most and a roaming, cordless handset that you can take with you as you move about your office. Both include the great features you expect, like speakerphones and backlit digital displays.
For more details, look at the VoIP Phone list on our website or call us at 888-825-0800, option 1. All of these phones are available for purchase now.
Panasonic SIP phones are a proven, cost-effective endpoint solution for any size business utilizing the latest in Hosted and Open Source PBX technology. Put your business on the cutting edge of communications, with a system that delivers value now… and flexibility for the future.
Posted on November 1, 2012 by Paul Hammond
As an assist to clients affected by hurricane Sandy this week, we posted information about how to prepare for a big storm and keep communication flowing during the storm. We’re posting it here for reference, since winter is nearly upon us. We hope it will be helpful to any of you that may experience storms in the coming months.
There are some important things you can do to make sure your Virtual PBX phone system keeps your business connected during a storm. Virtual PBX systems are in a hardened co-location facility that is part of the national infrastructure. It has multiple sources of power and connection, coming in through different feeds, and is unlikely to be affected by any storm, no matter how severe. We’ll take your calls as long as the phone companies are still delivering them. The issue is making sure you have some place for us to send them.Whether you’re using our standard Virtual PBX Service or our disaster recovery product, PBX Parachute, we recommend that you do the following:
- Figure out which extensions in your system are the most important for uninterrupted phone calls. This may be all of your extensions.
- Talk with the extension owners for those extensions and get alternative phone numbers where they can be reached during the storm. Suggestions include cellular phones (many cell phones will work even if power is down), home phones if they are staying in town, or phone numbers of relatives they will visit if they are leaving the storm area.
- Change the Call Routing for each of these extensions to include the alternate phone numbers. If there is a specific number they want to be tried first, make that the “Default” number. You can exclude office phone numbers if you are sure the employees won’t be at their office phones.
- Be sure that employees know how to update their Call Routing list as things change. This can be done through any browser or from your smartphone via one of our free apps. Just download the Virtual PBX app from the iPhone App Store or Google Play. If your employees need to learn how to do this, they should run our short Extension Owner QuickStart training.
- Let all of your employees make sure they know how to reach someone in charge if things go wrong, whether it’s related to the phone system, or not. Most companies could benefit from an emergency contact list, that can be used to let people know what’s going on, status of the office, and information about other workers. The best way to do this is to decide which Virtual PBX extensions people should call.
Most important of all, please be safe. We sincerely hope that all goes well with your people, as well as your business. Our thoughts are with you.
The VirtualPBX Team
Posted on September 28, 2012 by Paul Hammond
Who doesn’t love free apps? If you have a smart phone, you love apps and there are a ton of them out there providing quick, easy and convenient ways to access nearly everything. And thanks to Virtual PBX, there is now a new free app for you to love.
Virtual PBX has released a helpful new application which breaks the mold in the Hosted PBX Market. Virtual PBX Extension Manager, the new free application for Apple iOS and android devices, makes it easy for Virtual PBX customers to have access to all of the most-used functions of their phone system, directly from their iPhones.
“We’re excited to introduce the first business extension management app with this advanced level of functionality for iPhone users,” said Paul Hammond, CEO of Virtual PBX. “As an iPhone user myself, I love to have the Virtual PBX features I use the most right at my fingertips, and I am certain our customers will appreciate it, too.”
Using a simple, intuitive interface users can manage extensions on multiple Virtual PBX accounts, mark their extensions as unavailable, and even redirect incoming business calls to any of up to four different phones. Virtual PBX’s free application also includes iPhone-based presence management, a feature exclusive to Virtual PBX.
The Virtual PBX Extension Manager App makes presence management available through the user’s phone, allowing them to log in and out of queues as needed. With the use of exclusive intelligent queue algorithms, Virtual PBX reduces caller hold times by not forcing calls to extensions where no one will answer. This means better efficiency for the customer and happier callers. And who doesn’t want happier callers? Have happier callers with the new free app from Virtual PBX.
Posted on June 26, 2012 by Paul Hammond
We are excited to announce several changes in our flat-rate plans that will be of immediate benefit to all clients of these plans. The net effect is that everyone on these plans can save even more!
First, the price for our 1 User Flat rate plan has been reduced from $39.99/month down to $34.99/ month. Effective immediately, everyone on a 1-user plan will see a $5 per month reduction in cost.
Second, we are making all ACD queues in flat-rate plans totally free. If you have multiple departments, such as sales, customer service, billing, etc., you can set up a True ACD queue for each one at no additional cost. And you get all the same benefits – skills-based ranking, load balancing, call recording, and everything else – all at no cost. If you’re a smaller company, you can look more professional by setting up additional departments with more queues, while keeping costs low by routing calls to the same employees for each queue. The price of ACD Queues on flat-rate plans was $15.00 per month, each. Now all ACD Queues on Flat Rate plans are Free.
Finally, we’ve cut the cost for additional phone numbers in half! You’ve always received 2 free phone numbers with our flat-rate plans, and additional numbers were $10 per month each. Now, they’re just $5 a month. What can you do with more phone numbers at this new low price?
- Optimize your marketing costs by assigning a separate phone number to each advertisement, campaign or promotion, and see which campaign gets the most calls.
- Get extra direct-dial numbers for your top executives so your most important clients can reach them directly, without going through the auto-attendant.
- Add local phone numbers in multiple cities to give your company a local “feel” and generate more business.
- Add a nationwide toll free number so clients anywhere can reach you for free. It will increase your inbound call volume and will also give you a stronger company image.
All these changes are available immediately to both new and existing clients. For more information, call one of our sales reps at 888-825-0800, option 1.
Posted on June 7, 2012 by Paul Hammond
Nine Consecutive Awards and Huge Growth for VirtualPBX Complete
Called a “cream of the crop” service by its customers, the latest award wining service from Virtual PBX, Virtual PBX Complete, quickly worked its way to the upper echelon of VoIP solutions, delivering an unparalleled complete business phone service.
Unlike other hosted PBX services, VirtualPBX Complete supports the blending of analog and IP telephony while simultaneously incorporating open SIP peering. Eliminating the need for proprietary software and delivering the freedom and flexibility to carry business extensions anywhere around the world through a smartphone, Virtual PBX complete is becoming an essential element for running a successful business.
“The need for business VoIP solutions is high, and we’re excited to have been able to launch such a strong product,” said Greg Brashier, CMO of Virtual PBX.
- 2010 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award
- 2010 Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award
- 2011 Internet Telephony Excellence Award
- 2011 Next Generation Network Leadership Award
- Internet Telephony’s 2011 TMC Labs Innovation Award
- Network Products Guide 2011 Hot Companies And Best Products Award
- 2011 Internet Telephony Unified Communications Product of the Year Award
- 2011 Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award
- 2011 Unified Communications Excellence Award
VirtualPBX announced continued strong growth in the 15 months since the launch of its award-winning VirtualPBX Complete business VoIP solution in February 2011, citing a 49.9 percent rise in traffic though the company’s hosted PBX system. With Virtual PBX’s expertise in technology and ability to create some of the most innovative products and services on the market, it is easy to see why they are so popular.