Are You Ready for 2012?
January 11th, 2012
5 ways to start the New Year right
With the end of 2011 at our heels, it is time to look ahead to 2012. Focus on setting your goals and putting plans is place to achieve them. Need some help? Here are five ways Virtual PBX can help you start the new year with a bang.
- Examine your History – One great way a business can plan ahead for the New Year is to look at data collected from the previous year. Use you Virtual PBX reports to analyze your call stats from 2011 to help you staff more appropriately. Run a Call arrival Pattern Report to see what times of day you took the most calls. This report will clearly show you peaks and valleys in call traffic. This way you know what hours and in which queues to staff more representative.
- Use Call Recording to Monitor Agent Effectiveness – Using free call recording, managers are able to ensure rules are being followed, representatives are giving the best possible customer service, and customers are given accurate information. You can also use the call recording feature to train new employees.
- Save Money by using VoIP Phones and Soft Phones – There is never a bad time to save money so why not start saving this year. With Virtual PBX Complete, most companies will save between 40% and 80% on monthly phone costs. Use our VoIP phone service with a VoIP phone or soft phone and stop paying for expensive analog phone lines.
- Improve your Greetings – The main greeting is the first thing a caller hears when calling your number. This greeting should welcome callers and direct them to your departments and information. With Virtual PBX, there are multiple ways to customize your main greeting and make your small business sound like a big company. For instance, you can create different daytime and nighttime greetings and use our Day/Night scheduler to switch between them automatically.
- Keep up with the Latest Virtual PBX News and Offers – Make sure to check out our Virtual PBX Facebook page to hear first about news, new products and special offers. In addition, read tips to help you grow your business and connect with other business owners.
Virtual PBX Reduces International Dialing Rates
December 8th, 2011
Making international calls has often been an expensive proposition for small and medium businesses. If you have clients living overseas or live abroad yourself, you know keeping in touch with people around the world can be extremely expensive.
Just in time for the busy holiday season, Virtual PBX is making it easier than ever to stay connected by lowering their international dialing rates. With Virtual PBX, you no longer need to purchase an international calling card or waste time searching for lower rates. Virtual PBX is excited to announce new international rates, with some cut by as much as 80%.
Virtual PBX worked hard with its carriers to push rates lower while maintaining high quality, crystal clear calls, and they are passing all the saving onto you. Call land lines in London or Buenos Aires, or mobile phones in Hong Kong for as low as 1.9 cents per minute. So stop watching the minutes on the phone when you are calling abroad and enjoy the savings.
Virtual PBX also offers two other great ways to save big for global phone calls. If you have employees in other countries, you can set them up with an extension that incorporates a VoIP phone or softphone. Then, calls to their extensions can be free.
If your client base is international, Virtual PBX can get you a local phone number in thousands of cities around the globe for a low monthly rate. Your clients can call in at little or no cost because the number is local to them, and you get no extra per-minute fees for the inbound calls. .
These discounted international options give excellent value and are part of the many reasons Virtual PBX is an easy choice for companies with global interests. With Virtual PBX You can be sure that you’re getting the best value for your dollar no matter who or where you call.
Specific rate information can be found on our website at www.virtualpbx.com.
How to Prepare your Small Business for Summer
June 23rd, 2011
Spring is over and summer has finally arrived. People are turning off their computers and heading out for fun in the sun. Unfortunately, your business can’t close for the summer, but there is no reason why your business can’t have an enjoyable, successful summer season. So what are you going to do to prepare your business for summer?
Take a worry free vacation
It can be very stressful for business owners to be away from the office on vacation. Worrying about missing an important call or losing potential customers can keep you from enjoying a much needed relaxing vacation. With Virtual PBX, your vacations can always be stress free.
By setting up Virtual PBX’s “follow me calling” feature, extension owners can create a list of phone numbers where they will be available, such as the number of a hotel line, their vacation home, or cell phone. With follow-me from Virtual PBX, you never have to miss an important call because you’re on vacation. We can reach you any place there is a phone.
Work outside and enjoy the long summer days
This is another great way you can use Virtual PBX’s “follow me calling” feature. Work from a park, your back yard, the beach or anywhere you want to soak up some rays.
Let voicemail screen your calls
When you are on vacation or enjoying the summer with family, allow yourself to return only those calls that are truly important or emergencies. With every Virtual PBX extension you can listen to callers as they leave you a voicemail message. If you need to take the call, simply press the ‘#’ key to interrupt the caller and start talking live.
Check your voicemail via email
You can even have your messages routed to your email as .wav files so you can listen to them from your computer. Or if you prefer, messages are also available through our Virtual PBX browser-based web portal. All you need are headphones or speakers.
Promote a summer sale or Event
Use Virtual PBX to promote a summer sale by using our Online Greeting Manager to upload a new auto-attendant greeting. You can upload your own, record by phone, or order them through the Virtual PBX studios.
Change your Summer Hours
Maybe you’ve increased or decreased your hours for summer. Use the Day/Night mode settings in your Virtual PBX to play a day mode greeting and a night mode greeting, adjusting the hours per day that you are open. During night mode, you can send all calls to voicemail so you can enjoy a quiet evening!